Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce brings out its Aug 23, 2021 Newsletter
ICCC Weekly Newsletter
23 August 2021
ICCC Strategy Group’s Meeting
Aditya Jha, the newly appointed Chair of the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce’s (ICCC) Advisory Board, organized a meeting of the Strategy Group on 14 August 2021. The Strategy Group comprises members of the ICCC’s Advisory Board and the Board of Directors.
The prestigious, century-old Boulevard Club at the harbourfront overlooking Lake Ontario was the venue of the meeting.
Dr. Jha said, “It was our first ‘joint’ meeting, and we broadly defined our strategic mandates. In the post-Covid world, the ICCC’s role becomes relevant and necessary in defining the bilateral space. The enthusiasm of all the ICCC Board and Advisory Board members was evident from their level of interaction and inputs. I am looking forward to a very meaningful engagement over the next four years and more.”
He delineated the four thrust areas in which the ICCC’s Strategy Group will work on developing strategy:
- ICCC@50 Vision & Action plan as ICCC turns 50 years milestone in 2027
- Strengthening ICCC Brand in Canada & India As a premier Canada-India trade and investment promotion organization
- Business outreach Guide ICCC with action plan to connect with the leaders of Indo-Canadian, Canadian and Indian business leaders in the Canada India trade corridor
- Stakeholder outreach Help establish deeper relationships with the Political leaders, Bureaucrats, and Think Tank as well as Canadian trade bodies
- Paradigm shift Help in developing evaluation/attraction parameters that would enable attracting and retaining sponsors in Canada and India
Arjun (Andy) Jasuja, the Founder Chairman of Sigma Group, and Canadian tech legend emphasized the need to rebrand the institution to maintain its relevance to a younger, highly skilled demographic that will constitute the future composition of the institution’s membership.
Ashwin Joshi of Schulich School of Business emphasized that it was important for the ICCC to develop markers of excellence. This would enable the institution to deliver…